Tips On Waxing Your Legs to Stay Hair Free
Summer is such a warm season that most of us would prefer to wear shorts, skirts and other light pieces of clothing. Since this is the season to show off your beautiful legs, keeping it hair free is a big concern for most of us. As we all know, there are a lot of methods that you can use to keep your stems hair free. Waxing is a method that can keep us fuzz free for a longer period of time. Since this can be a little intimidating to do because of the pain, here are some tips that can help make it more comfortable for you.
Tips on Waxing Your Legs
- Make sure that the hair on your legs are at least 1/8 inch long before you start thinking about removing them. You need something for the wax to hold on to or else the entire session will be put to waste.
- Avoid using lotion or body oil before the session because the wax would not be able to adhere to the hair.
- After waxing, always apply sunscreen or sunblock on your legs so that the skin on the area. Your skin will become darker if you are not able to do so. Try to stay away from the sun for at least 48 hours after waxing. Waxing not only removes the hairs, it can also remove the outer layer of your skin.
- If you are using cotton strips, make sure that you leave at least 1/3 of it wax free so that it will be easier to remove. Removing the strip quickly is less painful than having to remove it slowly.
- When you are about to apply the wax, make sure that the spatula is at a 45 degree angle. Place a thin layer of wax in the direction of the hair growth. Applying it on the opposite side will not only be messy, it will also be painful.
- Before pulling the strip, hold the skin taut first.
- To prevent ingrown hairs, exfoliate your skin one or two days after waxing.
- If you have low pain tolerance, try to do breathing exercises first as it will help you relax. Another option is to use an anesthetic spray. Apply it 30 minutes to an hour before waxing.
- To avoid burns, test the temperature of the wax on a certain area of your skin. The texture should be creamy and not runny.
- The hair should be completely dry before waxing. The wax adheres to dry hair better than wet hair.
If you are waxing your hair for the first time, it may be a little bit painful but once you get the hang of it, it won’t hurt just as much. The good thing about waxing is that you will be hair free for a longer period of time as compared with shaving or using depilatories. These tips on waxing your legs will hopefully make your experience more tolerable.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)